We seek resourceful candidates, who are eager to learn, for our internship program each semester. Interns gain hands on experience and direct insight into a Public Relations agency. Expect to work on a variety of PR and Social Media accounts, participate in a PR campaign and see the direct results from the team’s efforts! We are looking for someone who can commit to 2-3 days per week (approximately 8-12 hours) in the office, plus, attendance at client events.
- Assisting in drafting and/or editing press materials: media lists (Excel), calendar listings, pitches, press releases (Word), Social Media posts, etc.
- Traditional PR tasks: media monitoring, clipping press breaks, compiling reports (monthly reports, wrap reports), and organizing images/artwork (Dropbox).
- Event and onsite support: managing RSVP lists (Excel), handling press check-in, assisting photographers, and covering interviews.
- Researching: trends for Social Media, appropriate media outlets in various markets (Cision), editorial calendars, and media kits, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Detail oriented
- Multitasking capabilities
- In depth understanding of social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest, etc.
- Reliable transportation
- Prior PR and Social Media experience a plus!
Our unpaid internship program may qualify for college credit, if needed. For consideration please email a cover letter, resume and writing sample to Mandy Mayekawa: Amanda@pompr.com.
Apply for Fall (September-December) the last two weeks in July; Spring (January-May)
the first two weeks in November; Summer (June-August) the last two weeks in April.